One of my favorite décor addictions? Throw pillows. And why wouldn’t they be? Throw pillows are the easiest and most affordable way of changing the look of a room. Pillows can add a pop of needed color, combine interesting textures, develop layering, interest and even tie a complete room together. This fall, I’ve picked some of my favorite trending pillows. These aren’t pillows you’d generally expect for fall, but with this year’s autumnal color palate swaying toward cool blues and neutral grays, there are some surprising favorites. These picks will add a nice twist to your normal fall décor and help carry you right into Winter.
- Cinderella Pumpkin Pillow
- Gray Cable Sweater Knit Pillow
- “The Snuggle is Real” Pillow
- Gray Floral Pillow
- White Goat Fur Pillow
- Light Gray Burlap Textured Pillow
How do you style throw pillows?
Here are a couple tips for styling a sofa:
- Always start from the outside of the sofa and work your way inward.
- Stack smaller pillows in front of larger ones to add layering
- Limit the amount of patterns to prevent your arrangement from looking too busy
- Mix and match textures, colors and patterns staying within a color palette to create a cohesive and pleasant grouping
- An odd number of pillows is usually more visual appealing.
- To add even more interest add an odd shaped pillow (i.e. a round or bolster pillow) in the center of the grouping.