Is this Summer flying right by, or is it just me? I’m trying to squeeze every last moment and morsel out of my favorite season and just before I have to utter the words “Kids, it’s time to go back to school”! One of my favorite new recipes has all the wonderful punchy flavors of Summer, Pineapple Mango Sorbet! The flavors are bright, the color is cheery and texture is simply divine. This sweet treat has become an instant favorite at my house and with only 4 ingredients, super simple to make.
Unlike most summer treats, sorbet is dairy-free, which makes this lactose intolerant girl grin from ear to ear! This super easy recipe is a great alternative to ice cream and can be simply altered with different fruit to please anyone’s picky palate.
2 cups packed cubed fresh pineapple
2 cups packed cubed mango
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or 4 drops of lime essential oil & 2 tablespoons of water)
- Add pineapple, mango, sugar, and lime juice to a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a shallow plastic air tight container and chill in the freezer for 4-6 hours, or until firm.
- Let the sorbet soften slightly before scooping. Serve and enjoy!
- Use ripe mango and pineapple for the best flavor.
- Keep sorbet in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Don’t like Mango or Pineapple? This recipe can be easily altered. Try other seasonal fruits like: strawberries, bananas, peaches, and raspberries.
- Lime or lemon juice adds a little extra punch to sorbet. If you don’t have a fresh lemon or lime on hand, essential oils can work just as well. Add 2-4 drops of your favorite citrus essential oil.