Hey there friends! I thought I would pop in and share another one of my small maker Friday Favorites. So maybe farmhouse style a la Joanna Gaines is not your thing, maybe you’re more mod and dig BOHO or maybe you like to mix your styles up a bit and do it all ( I do!) Wick + Fiber’s woven wall hangings are so versatile, you can do just that, mix and match. These hand-woven creations definitely fit the popular BOHO trend, but look great incorporated with a blend of styles. Why not be eclectic? Life’s too short not to be!
Wick + Fiber is owned by Caroline, a hard-working stay at home mom of 7. Her business is based out of Phoenix, Arizona. Along with hand-woven wall hangings, Caroline creates hand-woven buntings and a selection of handmade soy candles.
I incorporated one of Wick + Fiber’s wall hangings into a grouping along my bedroom wall. Pairing the hanging with a vintage globe from Goodwill (for $5!) and an arrow board sign from Hobby Lobby, creating a whimsical wanderlust theme.
Go check out all of Caroline’s handwoven creations at her shop: Wick + Fiber
Happy Friday guys! We’ve made it through another week. *happy dance* I swear, I don’t live for the weekends, but when the week is long and the weather is gloomy – the weekend is so welcomed by this girl! For those of you that have been around for a while now you probably know on Friday’s I like to share my favorite makers, artist and crafters. Supporting small businesses, hard working mamas (and daddies) and the creative spirit is so very near and dear to my heart. This week is no exception!
Since starting House Fenway a little over a year ago, I’ve made lots of new friends. Mostly other artists, that own their own businesses, Etsy shops and websites. Sami from ForEveritts Home is one of them. This girl is one of the handiest woman I know! Saws, drills, splinters and all – this girl gets right in there! Her reclaimed artwork showcases not only her power tool skills but the true beauty in repurposed materials. Each piece unique, Sami mixes a vast array of natural elements including reclaimed wood, moss, and florals to achieve these beautiful pieces of art. Each season she launches a new collection highlighting the colors and textures shown currently evolving in nature.
I feel honored to own one of ForEveritts Home’s pieces and I think it adds the perfect touch of Fall to my home. The juxtaposition of textures – the harness of the reclaimed wood against the softness of the moss and florals is so artfully displayed.
Sami has just launched her own website this month which includes a shop, blog and a beautiful inspirational board full of her creations. She is definitely worth checking out, following and why I chose her as my Friday favorite! Shop ForEveritts Home now >
Here is a gallery of some of ForEveritts Home’s other stunning creations:
I adore kitchen canister sets. There is something so nostalgic about displaying a set of canisters on your kitchen countertop. Canisters are not only functional by keeping food fresh, they can add visual interest to an otherwise boring space. The variety of styles, colors and shapes seem to be endless making it easy to find a set that reflects your kitchen style.
I recently went on the hunt for my perfect canister set (it was tough) and compiled a list of my favorites. I had a couple attributes on my wish list when narrowing down my top favorites. The canisters needed to: have clean design lines, a classic style and be affordably priced. I think I found a group that met all of the requirements and will make a great investment to stand the test of time. If not, they will still look adorable on my counter. Enjoy!
- Aqua Dip Canisters – Crate and Barrel
- Ivory Farmhouse Canisters – Pier 1
- Utility Kitchen Canisters – White – West Elm
- Weston 3 Piece Kitchen Canister Set – Birch Lane
- White Distressed Label Canisters, Set of 3 – Kirkland’s
- White Ceramic Canisters – World Market
- Copper-Plated Canister Set – Anthropologie
- Cambria Canisters – Pottery Barn
Tips for keeping stored dry food
- Make sure you rotate your dry goods. Date all foods and food containers. Stored foods cannot get any better than what originally went in, but they can certainly get worse. If you don’t know how old it is — when in doubt, throw it out!
- Keep stored foods cool, dry and well ventilated. The temperature should be between 50°F and 70°F. Also, make sure it’s out of direct sunlight. Sunlight promotes oxidation and the subsequent loss of the food’s nutritional value and quality
- Make sure your goods are stored in a low humidity area. Most canisters have a rubber or plastic seal to keep humidity out to help food stay fresher, longer.
Looking for more favorites to shop?
Check out House Fenway’s Favorite Fall Throw Pillows
One of my favorite décor addictions? Throw pillows. And why wouldn’t they be? Throw pillows are the easiest and most affordable way of changing the look of a room. Pillows can add a pop of needed color, combine interesting textures, develop layering, interest and even tie a complete room together. This fall, I’ve picked some of my favorite trending pillows. These aren’t pillows you’d generally expect for fall, but with this year’s autumnal color palate swaying toward cool blues and neutral grays, there are some surprising favorites. These picks will add a nice twist to your normal fall décor and help carry you right into Winter.
- Cinderella Pumpkin Pillow
- Gray Cable Sweater Knit Pillow
- “The Snuggle is Real” Pillow
- Gray Floral Pillow
- White Goat Fur Pillow
- Light Gray Burlap Textured Pillow
How do you style throw pillows?
Here are a couple tips for styling a sofa:
- Always start from the outside of the sofa and work your way inward.
- Stack smaller pillows in front of larger ones to add layering
- Limit the amount of patterns to prevent your arrangement from looking too busy
- Mix and match textures, colors and patterns staying within a color palette to create a cohesive and pleasant grouping
- An odd number of pillows is usually more visual appealing.
- To add even more interest add an odd shaped pillow (i.e. a round or bolster pillow) in the center of the grouping.
Hand-lettered wood signs, are all the rage in home décor right now. They can easily add a personal touch to your living space with a meaningful message or special quote. I have several around my house, mostly custom pieces, that I have had made with special intent. I’ve shared many of them with you here on the blog.
Of course, when I stumble upon a new maker that I’ve fallen in love with, I have to share it with you. I recently received a sign from Paige at B&P Custom Wood Signs that was so unique and well made, it has become one of my all-time favorites. Paige specializes in hand-lettered signs on vintage style maps. Adorn with messaging about adventure, journeys and home – these signs give special meaning with a stylish vintage flare.
The sign I received from B&P Custom Wood Signs is imprinted with the popular saying, “ Home is wherever I’m with you”. I have it on my bedroom dresser, styled with some old globes from the thrift store and special décor that make such a sweet little vignette. I just absolutely love how it turned out!
Make sure to check out Paige’s wonderful signs at B&P Custom Wood Signs. They will add such a unique touch to your space! <3