Copper drinkware is all the rage right now, with the popularity of the Moscow Mule. This new mixology wave has elevated the drinking experience with a heightened sense of exquisite flavors, aromas, and perfected presentation.
The most scientific benefit of using copper drinkware is temperature. Copper is a great conductor, quickly taking on the icy temperature of the cocktail. The cold metal is highly effective at insulating the cold temperature keeping it cool even on the hottest of summer days.
Things to consider when purchasing copper drinkware:
Not all mugs are equal. The more copper, the better the conductor, keeping your drinks cooler. This also means the more copper the higher the price. Some retailers offer mixed metal options which will give you the same look, but at a more affordable price.
Handles on copper cups not only add an easier way of holding onto your drink. Handles help keep your hot hands off the body of the cup, making your drink stay cooler, longer.
Shape & Style
Really, it all depends on your style. There is a huge selection of copper drink ware available. Vintage,hammered and handmade to sleek, brushed and sophisticated there is a cup out there that will fit your style.
Here are some affordable and stylish copper options to add to your bar:
1. William Sonoma Hammered Copper Mug – Retail Price $29.95
- Solid Hammered Brass
- 16-oz. capacity
- Tarnish-resistant coating
- Made in Turkey
2. West Elm Moscow Mule Mug – Retail Price $24
- Copper-finished stainless steel
- Brass handle
- Available in hammered or smooth finish
3. Crate & Barrel Moscow Mule Mug – Retail Price $19.99
- Stainless steel with brushed copper-plated finish
- 16oz capacity
- Made in India
- Also available in Stainless Steel and Gold finish
4. Anthropologie Caldley Moscow Mule Mug – Retail Price $24.00
- Unique design
- Copper body with brass handle and feet
- 14oz capacity
5. Pottery Barn Hammered Copper Tumbler – Retail Price $28 (set of 2)
- Hammered Copper
- Dishwasher Safe
- Sold in sets of 2
Need a good Moscow Mule recipe? Here you go >